drill-user mailing list archives

From Andries Engelbrecht <aengelbre...@mapr.com>
Subject Re: Tableau connect hbase with Drill
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 14:34:23 GMT
With Tableau and many BI Tools it is recommended that you use a Drill View. Also since HBase
stores data in binary format you will need to use the convert or cast functions in Drill to
convert the data types to something meaningful for these tools.

Make sure you can run the same query on the drillbit with sqlline. This way you are sure you
have the correct path to the data/table and any syntax issues.

Regards

Andries