drill-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Porsolt <kevin.pors...@crossix.com>
Subject Syntax Issue Between Drill Explorer and Spotfire
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2018 12:59:42 GMT
Hello, I am looking to configure Apache Drill as an application between our data sources and
Spotfire as a way to preserve robust files, while also limiting the stress put on our downstream
BI applications. I got though 90% of the configuration setup, but identified a syntax issue
between the view created in Drill Explorer and the view read in from ODBC and attempted to
be loaded into Spotfire. I tried copying and pasting the created view directly from Drill
Explorer into the Spotfire data connection setup, so the view and the table are correctly
connected, I just keep on getting a "table does not exist" error due to the syntax issue.
I added some additional details below. We are currently using Hadoop and Spark in our technical
architecture, so being able to fix this issue and implement Apache Drill would provide a lot
of opportunity. Thank you

Apache Drill:
SELECT * FROM 'dfs'.'tmp'.'my_sql_pel_query' LIMIT 100

Spotfire:
SELECT
'dfs.tmp'.'my_sql_pel_query'.*
FROM
'dfs.tmp'.'my_sql_pel_query'

**notice the missing ' ' in 'dfs.tmp'
This is the field that it seems to be reading from the ODBC

Spotfire.Dxp    56f0-4d14               EXIT  SQLGetData  with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS)

                                HSTMT               0x000000001BAD4260

                                UWORD                        2

                                SWORD                       -8 <SQL_C_WCHAR>

                                PTR                 0x0000000022B20210 [      14] "dfs.tmp"

                                SQLLEN                  4094

                                SQLLEN *            0x000000002AB5DC90 (14)

Kevin D Porsolt
Technical Product Manager
t: 646-839-9385 | m: 732-213-9621

CROSSIX | Data Driven. Data Proven. | crossix.com<http://crossix.com/>

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender
and delete this message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.

For further information about Crossix please see our website at http://www.crossix.com.