drill-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Raj <rahul....@option3.io>
Subject Re: Drill JDBC Plugin limit queries
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2018 20:15:48 GMT
Vitalii,

I tried debugging this and the query received at
JdbcGroupScan#getSpecificScan is without the limit clause - "SELECT * FROM
public.actor", so the decision to push is made before itself. Debugger did
not hit the rules of DrillPushLimitToScanRule too.

Any pointers?

Regards,
Rahul

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 10:07 PM Rahul Raj <rahul.raj@option3.io> wrote:

> Vitalii,
>
> I made both the changes, it did not work and a full scan was issued as
> shown in the plan below.
>
> 00-00    Screen : rowType = RecordType(INTEGER actor_id, VARCHAR(45) first_name, VARCHAR(45)
last_name, TIMESTAMP(3) last_update): rowcount = 5.0, cumulative cost = {120.5 rows, 165.5
cpu, 0.0 io, 0.0 network, 0.0 memory}, id = 227
> 00-01      Project(actor_id=[$0], first_name=[$1], last_name=[$2], last_update=[$3])
: rowType = RecordType(INTEGER actor_id, VARCHAR(45) first_name, VARCHAR(45) last_name, TIMESTAMP(3)
last_update): rowcount = 5.0, cumulative cost = {120.0 rows, 165.0 cpu, 0.0 io, 0.0 network,
0.0 memory}, id = 226
> 00-02        SelectionVectorRemover : rowType = RecordType(INTEGER actor_id, VARCHAR(45)
first_name, VARCHAR(45) last_name, TIMESTAMP(3) last_update): rowcount = 5.0, cumulative cost
= {115.0 rows, 145.0 cpu, 0.0 io, 0.0 network, 0.0 memory}, id = 225
> 00-03          Limit(fetch=[5]) : rowType = RecordType(INTEGER actor_id, VARCHAR(45)
first_name, VARCHAR(45) last_name, TIMESTAMP(3) last_update): rowcount = 5.0, cumulative cost
= {110.0 rows, 140.0 cpu, 0.0 io, 0.0 network, 0.0 memory}, id = 224
> 00-04            Limit(fetch=[5]) : rowType = RecordType(INTEGER actor_id, VARCHAR(45)
first_name, VARCHAR(45) last_name, TIMESTAMP(3) last_update): rowcount = 5.0, cumulative cost
= {105.0 rows, 120.0 cpu, 0.0 io, 0.0 network, 0.0 memory}, id = 223
> 00-05              Jdbc(sql=[SELECT * FROM "public"."actor" ]) : rowType = RecordType(INTEGER
actor_id, VARCHAR(45) first_name, VARCHAR(45) last_name, TIMESTAMP(3) last_update): rowcount
= 100.0, cumulative cost = {100.0 rows, 100.0 cpu, 0.0 io, 0.0 network, 0.0 memory}, id =
164

> Regards,
> Rahul
>
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 8:47 PM Rahul Raj <rahul.raj@option3.io> wrote:
>
>> I will make the changes and update you.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rahul
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 1:05 AM Vitalii Diravka <vitalii@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Rahul,
>>>
>>> Possibly *JdbcGroupScan* can be improved, for instance by overriding
>>> *supportsLimitPushdown()* and *applyLimit()* methods,
>>> *double rows *field can be updated by the limit value.
>>>
>>> I've performed the following query: select * from mysql.`testdb`.`table`
>>> limit 2;
>>> but the following one is passed to MySQL: SELECT * FROM `testdb`.`table`
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/contrib/storage-jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/exec/store/jdbc/JdbcRecordReader.java#L187
>>> So it is definitely should be improved.
>>>
>>> *Note:* Changed mailing list to devs.

>>> plugins?

>>> these
>>> > >

>>> myhost.mydomain.com/mydb?useCursorFetch=true&defaultAutoCommit=false&loggerLevel=TRACE&loggerFile=/tmp/jdbc.log&defaultRowFetchSize=10000

>>> tickets

>>> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/drill-user/201808.mbox/%3CCADN0Fn9066hwvu_ZyDJ24tkAoJH5hqXoysCv83z7DdSSfjr-CQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>>> > >

>>> https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/drill-user/201808.mbox/%3C0d36e0e6e8dc1e77bbb67bbfde5f5296e290c075.camel%40omnicell.com%3E

>>> vitalii@apache.org>