drill-user mailing list archives

From Idea Everywhere <mailtonski...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query on tables
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2018 16:09:03 GMT

> On 24-Dec-2018, at 10:47 AM, Idea Everywhere <mailtonskiran@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> My current situation:
> I have apache drill installed in AWS EC2 (M4.4x large) instances cluster of 3 nodes.
My source data is coming from S3 bucket.
> I want to engage drill to read that data from S3, create tables within itself (using
CTAS) while the table data is stored in AWS EFS mapped to ec2 instances created as mentioned
above and allow the user to read the data from those tables.
> Tables and Partitioned tables are created as of now.
>
> Questions:
> 1. It is observed that, when the tables are created, it reads the data from source and
the table is created along with that data (ie., if the original source is 10GB, the tables
stored in the file system are comparable to that size). However, I have a question, if the
source is growing, how it gets into the CTAS tables or CTAS Partition by tables, so that queries
will result latest output