drill-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to evaluate different physical plans for a given query with Apache Drill?
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2018 11:35:46 GMT
If your data is separated from drill by a high latency / high cost link
then it's probably better to move the data closer to drill before starting
the query. The rationale behind this is that when certain costs absolutely
dominate then it's really better to optimize the overall process
essentially by hand.

But to your question, drill can run on a raspberry pi, but it probably just
isn't a great idea to run a distributed version across mini pi's. To run on
a pi you may need to tune memory configurations pretty carefully.