drill-user mailing list archives

From Aman Sinha <amansi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there any plan for drill to support Parquet Format version 2.5 added column indexes?
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2018 19:21:39 GMT
This seems quite interesting.  Drill does row group pruning, but doing the
page level pruning based on indexes would be big win.
Also, as you may know, Drill recently added a feature to leverage secondary
indexes in NoSQL databases [1].  However, we have to see whether
that capability applies to the Parquet index since the Parquet index is
local to each file.

Please create a JIRA and add your input into it.  Thanks.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-6381