drill-user mailing list archives

From Felipe Gutierrez <felipe.o.gutier...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possible to evaluate different physical plans for a given query with Apache Drill?
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2018 11:06:57 GMT
Hi,

I watched this video about Apache Drill (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14&v=0rurIzOkTIg) which says I
can install DrillBit on the nodes of my cluster and the Drill engine will
evaluate the best physical plan to execute a query. Then I can run explain
plan for a query (https://drill.apache.org/docs/query-plans/) and I will
see where drill decided to data locality processing in-memory or not and
other cost decisions. This is another reference that I was reading (Apache
Drill vs Spark
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29790655/apache-drill-vs-spark>). I
also see that Drill has a plugin for filesystems. So I image that I can
install Drill on 3 computers and query log files on them.

I want to evaluate physical plans of a given query. I wonder If it is
possible to install Drill on Raspberry Pi's that have a variety of
connections (wired, wireless, radio, ...) and evaluate different physical
plans of my query. Is it possible?

Thanks, Felipe
*--*
*-- Felipe Gutierrez*