drill-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EMC ECS Configuration with Apache Drill
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2019 18:51:45 GMT
On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 11:33 AM Prabu Mohan <prabu.oracle@gmail.com> wrote:

> but i am able to connect to ECS via python using boto3 libraries without
> any issues, I am able to write files to the bucket and read them back ..
>
> not sure why i am facing issues with drill though with the same credentials

The key here is your assumption that the same credentials are being passed
through Drill to AWS and that there isn't some other consideration that
keeps S3 from believing whatever credentials it is getting.

That assumption has to be attacked by figuring out experiments that can
prove or disprove aspects of it. For instance, if you can get a proxy in
the middle of the connection, you should be able to see *exactly* what is
on the wire. Likewise if you can get better logging out of Drill.