drill-user mailing list archives

From Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Subject [BLOCKER]: Drill on Yarn/Kerberos Issue
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2019 13:17:29 GMT
Hello Drill Devs,
My company, a major financial institution, is looking to do a POC with Drill on our CDH cluster.
 Long story short, we found an issue with Drill on Yarn (DOY) which I posted a JIRA a while
ago. [1]. In going through the code, my engineer found a TODO in the code where YARN should
have passed the tokens but it doesn't appear to have been completed. [2]

Could anyone offer some assistance (advice, docs, pseudo code) so that we can get this issue
solved.  This issue effectively blocks Drill from being deployed on a CDH cluster with YARN
and Kerberos, so I'd like to get this resolved for the benefit of future Drill users.
Thanks in advance!
--C

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7149 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7149>
[2]: https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/9d8ac02d05cf6f23ddc80065066722b121577656/drill-yarn/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/yarn/core/AppSpec.java#L136-L140