drill-user mailing list archives

From Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drill Storage Plugins
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2019 14:13:59 GMT
One more thing:  I've found code for storage plugins (in various states of completion) for
the folllowing systems:
DynamoDB (https://github.com/fineoio/drill-dynamo-adapter <https://github.com/fineoio/drill-dynamo-adapter>)

Apache Druid:  (Current Draft PR https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1888 <https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1888>)
Couchbase: (https://github.com/LyleLeo/Apache-Drill-CouchDB-Storage-Plugin <https://github.com/LyleLeo/Apache-Drill-CouchDB-Storage-Plugin>)
(Author said he would consider submitting as PR)
ElasticSearch: https://github.com/javiercanillas/drill-storage-elastic <https://github.com/javiercanillas/drill-storage-elastic>,
https://github.com/gaoshui87/drill-storage-elastic <https://github.com/gaoshui87/drill-storage-elastic>
Apache Solr

Are there others that anyone knows of?

> On Nov 4, 2019, at 10:23 PM, Charles Givre <cgivre@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
> I've written some UDFs and Format plugins for Drill and I'm interested in tackling a
storage plugin.  One of my regrets from the Drill book was that we didn't get into this topic.
 For those of you who have written one, my hat's off to you. I wanted to ask if there are
any resources or tutorials available that you found particularly helpful?  I'm having a little
trouble figuring out what all the pieces do and how they fit together.

> Does anyone have any ideas about storage plugins should be implemented?  Personally I'd
really like to see one for ElasticSearch,