drill-user mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <par0...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Querying encrypted JSON file
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2020 06:08:38 GMT
Hi Prabhakar,

Depending on how you perform encryption, you may be able to treat it similar to compression.
Drill handles compression (zip, gzip, etc.) via an extra layer of functionality on top of
any format plugin. That means, rather than writing a new JSON file reader, you write a new
compression plugin (which will actually do decryption). I have not added one of these, but
I'll poke around to see if I can find some pointers.

On the other hand, if encryption is part of the access protocol (such as S3), then you can
configure it via the S3 client.

Can you describe a bit more how you encrypt your files and what is needed to decrypt?

Thanks,
- Paul

    On Saturday, April 11, 2020, 10:39:15 PM PDT, Prabhakar Bhosaale <bhosale.p.v@gmail.com>