drill-user mailing list archives

From Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: query Presto via Drill
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2020 17:17:24 GMT
Hi Rafael,
What connector are you interested in specifically?
Thanks,
-- C

> On Apr 1, 2020, at 12:45 PM, Jaimes, Rafael - 0993 - MITLL <Rafael.Jaimes@ll.mit.edu>
wrote:

> As a proof of concept, I thought it might be interesting to see if Drill could query
Presto as if it were a RDBMS.
> In theory, I thought it would work because it uses a JDBC driver. I plopped it into 3rdparty
and setup the config (see bottom) and it saves without error. However it doesn’t show up
in ‘show schemas;’ All attempts at querying it or showing tables fail.
> Anyone else crazy enough to attempt this?
> If you were wondering, I am interested in a connector that Presto has that Drill doesn’t,
but Drill has better support for other things so I’d like to keep it on top.