drill-user mailing list archives

From Bob Rudis <...@rud.is>
Subject Re: java version for Drill JDBC driver
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2020 15:55:22 GMT
I use the JDBC driver via an RJDBC wrapper I wrote and the rJava it runs in is built with JDK
11, so it definitely is working in 11 for me.

> On Apr 9, 2020, at 11:38, Jaimes, Rafael - 0993 - MITLL <Rafael.Jaimes@ll.mit.edu>
wrote:

> On the topic of java versions, I am trying to load the Drill JDBC driver in a docker
container running Presto and Java 11, I’m getting the following error:

> ERROR main io.prestosql.server.PrestoServer 'java.lang.String javax.validation.BootstrapConfiguration.getClockProviderClassName()'
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'java.lang.String javax.validation.BootstrapConfiguration.getClockProviderClassName()'

> Some stackoverflow searching shows that others have resolved that error for other projects
by changing Java versions (7 to 8 for example). I normally run Drill in a Java 8 environment,
but what about the JDBC driver? Should it work in Java 11 or is it 8 only?

> My query Presto with Drill experiment has failed, so I am trying it the other way around
out of curiosity (query Drill with Presto).