drill-user mailing list archives

From Arina Ielchiieva <arina.yelchiy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] Maven 3.6.3
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2020 13:14:37 GMT
Looks like decision was made to stay on the Maven 3.6.3.
For those who want to follow the discussion, please see Jira and PR:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7708 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7708>
https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/2061 <https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/2061>

Kind regards,
Arina

> On Apr 17, 2020, at 8:59 PM, Paul Rogers <par0328@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi Arina,
>
> Thanks for keeping us up to date!
>
> As it turns out, I use Ubuntu (Linux Mint) for development. Maven is installed as a package
using apt-get. Packages can lag behind a bit. The latest maven available via apt-get is 3.6.0.

> It is a nuisance to install a new version outside the package manager. I changed the
Maven version in the root pom.xml to 3.6.0 and the build seemed to work. Any reason we need
the absolute latest version rather than just 3.6.0 or later?

> The workaround for now is to manually edit the pom.xml file on each checkout, then revert
the change before commit. Can we maybe adjust the "official" version instead?

> Thanks,
> - Paul
>

>    On Friday, April 17, 2020, 5:09:49 AM PDT, Arina Ielchiieva <arina.yelchiyeva@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Starting from Drill 1.18.0 (and current master from commit 20ad3c9 [1]), Drill build
will require Maven 3.6.3, otherwise build will fail.