drill-user mailing list archives

From Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java version for Drill JDBC driver
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2020 16:16:13 GMT
Hey Rafael,
Could you open a PR to fix this?  Or If you're not comfortable, a JIRA will do and tag me
in it.
-- C

> On Apr 9, 2020, at 4:07 PM, Jaimes, Rafael - 0993 - MITLL <Rafael.Jaimes@ll.mit.edu>
wrote:

> One of my coworkers looked at the pom.xml in /exec/jdbc and noticed there was a version
of javax.validation being called in about 7 years old (1.1.0.Final)
> Replacing it with version 2.0.1.Final and rebuild of the JDBC driver jar solved the problem.

is Guava: Drill has many dependencies and some use different (and incompatible) Guava versions.
There is a "patcher" to edit the code at runtime to fix the issue.

> Presto is nice in that it will load your connector using a dedicated class loader so
that Drill's many dependencies should not conflict with Preso's dependencies. (We are slowly
working on something similar for Drill.)

> Your specific error is mysterious. That "getClockProviderClassName()" looks like Java's
SPI system is trying to find a "clock provider" and failing. I've not seen anything like that
in Drill.

> I wonder if Drill's overly large set of JDBC dependencies is somehow conflicting with
those in Presto?

> Thanks,
> - Paul
>

>    On Thursday, April 9, 2020, 8:55:37 AM PDT, Bob Rudis <bob@rud.is> wrote:
>
> I use the JDBC driver via an RJDBC wrapper I wrote and the rJava it runs in is built
with JDK 11, so it definitely is working in 11 for me.

>> On Apr 9, 2020, at 11:38, Jaimes, Rafael - 0993 - MITLL <Rafael.Jaimes@ll.mit.edu>
wrote:

>> On the topic of java versions, I am trying to load the Drill JDBC driver in a docker
container running Presto and Java 11, I’m getting the following error:

>> ERROR main io.prestosql.server.PrestoServer 'java.lang.String javax.validation.BootstrapConfiguration.getClockProviderClassName()'
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'java.lang.String javax.validation.BootstrapConfiguration.getClockProviderClassName()'

>> Some stackoverflow searching shows that others have resolved that error for other
projects by changing Java versions (7 to 8 for example). I normally run Drill in a Java 8
environment, but what about the JDBC driver? Should it work in Java 11 or is it 8 only?

>> My query Presto with Drill experiment has failed, so I am trying it the other way
around out of curiosity (query Drill with Presto).