drill-user mailing list archives

From Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java version for Drill JDBC driver
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2020 00:16:26 GMT
I just submitted a PR for this.  https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/2053 <https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/2053>

> On Apr 12, 2020, at 7:26 PM, Jaimes, Rafael - 0993 - MITLL <Rafael.Jaimes@ll.mit.edu>
wrote:

> JIRA filed for now https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7699

of javax.validation being called in about 7 years old (1.1.0.Final)
>> Replacing it with version 2.0.1.Final and rebuild of the JDBC driver jar solved the
problem.

is Guava: Drill has many dependencies and some use different (and incompatible) Guava versions.
There is a "patcher" to edit the code at runtime to fix the issue.

>> Presto is nice in that it will load your connector using a dedicated class loader
so that Drill's many dependencies should not conflict with Preso's dependencies. (We are slowly
working on something similar for Drill.)

>> Your specific error is mysterious. That "getClockProviderClassName()" looks like
Java's SPI system is trying to find a "clock provider" and failing. I've not seen anything
like that in Drill.

>> I wonder if Drill's overly large set of JDBC dependencies is somehow conflicting
with those in Presto?

>> Thanks,
>> - Paul
>>

>>   On Thursday, April 9, 2020, 8:55:37 AM PDT, Bob Rudis <bob@rud.is> wrote:

>> I use the JDBC driver via an RJDBC wrapper I wrote and the rJava it runs in is built
with JDK 11, so it definitely is working in 11 for me.

>>> On Apr 9, 2020, at 11:38, Jaimes, Rafael - 0993 - MITLL <Rafael.Jaimes@ll.mit.edu>
wrote:

>>> On the topic of java versions, I am trying to load the Drill JDBC driver in a
docker container running Presto and Java 11, I’m getting the following error:

>>> ERROR main io.prestosql.server.PrestoServer 'java.lang.String javax.validation.BootstrapConfiguration.getClockProviderClassName()'
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'java.lang.String javax.validation.BootstrapConfiguration.getClockProviderClassName()'

>>> Some stackoverflow searching shows that others have resolved that error for other
projects by changing Java versions (7 to 8 for example). I normally run Drill in a Java 8
environment, but what about the JDBC driver? Should it work in Java 11 or is it 8 only?

>>> My query Presto with Drill experiment has failed, so I am trying it the other
way around out of curiosity (query Drill with Presto).