drill-user mailing list archives

From "Jaimes, Rafael - 0993 - MITLL" <Rafael.Jai...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject java version for Drill JDBC driver
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2020 15:38:30 GMT
On the topic of java versions, I am trying to load the Drill JDBC driver in
a docker container running Presto and Java 11, I'm getting the following
error:

ERROR main io.prestosql.server.PrestoServer 'java.lang.String
javax.validation.BootstrapConfiguration.getClockProviderClassName()'
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'java.lang.String
javax.validation.BootstrapConfiguration.getClockProviderClassName()'

Some stackoverflow searching shows that others have resolved that error for
other projects by changing Java versions (7 to 8 for example). I normally
run Drill in a Java 8 environment, but what about the JDBC driver? Should it
work in Java 11 or is it 8 only?

My query Presto with Drill experiment has failed, so I am trying it the
other way around out of curiosity (query Drill with Presto).