drill-user mailing list archives

From John Omernik <j...@omernik.com>
Subject Hello - and collect_set UDF?
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2020 17:18:43 GMT
Hey all,

I know it's been a while I was in a job where there was no Drill to be
found, just a bunch of Hive. In that role, I got very used to using the
hive collect_set function. It allowed you to return in a single list, all
the unique values based on an aggregate.   Curious, is there anything like
that in Drill? I remember something like that, and when I query
sys.functions there is collect_list and collect_to_list neither of which
work in this context... (collect_list gave me an array index out of bounds,
and collect_to_list told me the column I was collecting wasn't in the
aggregate)

Any UDFs that will achieve this? Even if you've seen them on git hub etc,
(i.e. not built into Drill)

Thanks!

John Omernik