drill-user mailing list archives

From Rafael Jaimes III <rafjai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initial Oracle Setup
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2020 20:08:08 GMT
Ah thanks for the info on that.

Chris, I can't seem to recall seeing that error before. Sounds like it
is a syntax issue perhaps? Note than ORACLE's SQL is a little
different than ANSI SQL that Drill uses. For this case, you'd be using
ANSI SQL and not the underlying ORACLE syntax. I believe Drill should
do that translation for you if I'm not mistaken.

If you're using squirrel shell from an embedded instance, I would go
through and list the schemas/tables and start with some really basic
queries just to test connectivity.

- Rafael

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 4:05 PM Charles Givre <cgivre@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you able to query anything from the DB?  BTW... I'm really surprised by all of this.
I've never tried Drill with Oracle, but I've used Drill with MySQL, Postgres and MSSQL and
usually they're the easiest to work with.
> --C
>

> > On Jun 23, 2020, at 3:58 PM, Christopher Kane <christopher.kane@cardconnect.com.INVALID>
wrote:

> > Yes thank you! To your point about using 1.17, I could always take the config from
1.18 and copy it over and see if that fixes my issue.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3533 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3533>

> > Everything appears to be setup now but when executing a query for the data source
I setup, I receive org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: VALIDATION ERROR:
Unknown SQL type -101. Any suggestions there?

I got a Success! So that's awesome, thank you so much for your help! I am going to quickly
run a test query on this data source now and see what happens.

your pre-release, install it like I did 1.17.0 and see what happens!

on the downloads section of the site.

it out as a POC for something I'm trying to do at work. So you're saying in addition to the
driver required by whichever RDBMS you're setting up, there is an Apache Drill JDBC plugin
that works in combination with the driver?

changes made to the JDBC plugin in 1.18 and I wonder if that might solve the issue.

Now I will say that the one DBA I was conversing with mentioned something about JRE, and I
find interesting in this stack trace that it seems to be a RunTime exception.
the link I was using to download the JDBC driver: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.oracle.com_database_technologies_jdbc-2Ddrivers-2D12c-2Ddownloads.html&d=DwIFAg&c=rE3mhBYFJfJGqQ7WI0-DPw&r=BYRbCBlPlEiTy68EGn8lfllmVqBXbraSyDLC7XDswJU&m=8cPWOW4PY_sKPTUxECbL9XacM9DQCSnBbAJL9oQht0s&s=zddp1Im2FovgkwAQ3SyRaJzBS1FxeOgiwYdViTSn4H4&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.oracle.com_database_technologies_jdbc-2Ddrivers-2D12c-2Ddownloads.html&d=DwIFAg&c=rE3mhBYFJfJGqQ7WI0-DPw&r=BYRbCBlPlEiTy68EGn8lfllmVqBXbraSyDLC7XDswJU&m=8cPWOW4PY_sKPTUxECbL9XacM9DQCSnBbAJL9oQht0s&s=zddp1Im2FovgkwAQ3SyRaJzBS1FxeOgiwYdViTSn4H4&e=>
 and the only options I see available and relevant are either ojdbc7.jar or ojdbc6.jar. At
this point I've tried both but am willing to change my configuration while troubleshooting.
In addition the recommended driver for Oracle by Apache seems to be ojdbc7.12.1.0.2.jar referenced
from this page here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__drill.apache.org_docs_rdbms-2Dstorage-2Dplugin_&d=DwIFAg&c=rE3mhBYFJfJGqQ7WI0-DPw&r=BYRbCBlPlEiTy68EGn8lfllmVqBXbraSyDLC7XDswJU&m=8cPWOW4PY_sKPTUxECbL9XacM9DQCSnBbAJL9oQht0s&s=rzaAsfW2VGICMfzMAhjoT2vZqBRkti6X56uH4Uv1HU0&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__drill.apache.org_docs_rdbms-2Dstorage-2Dplugin_&d=DwIFAg&c=rE3mhBYFJfJGqQ7WI0-DPw&r=BYRbCBlPlEiTy68EGn8lfllmVqBXbraSyDLC7XDswJU&m=8cPWOW4PY_sKPTUxECbL9XacM9DQCSnBbAJL9oQht0s&s=rzaAsfW2VGICMfzMAhjoT2vZqBRkti6X56uH4Uv1HU0&e=>
 and that is the one I am currently using, ojdbc7.jar from the 12.1.0.2 release of Oracle
Database.

for my local Apache Drill instance. I have determined that a correct oracle connection string
with an incorrect password results in the following message: Please retry: Error while creating
/ updating storage : java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-01017:
invalid username/password; logon denied ). Now updating the connection string to use the correct
password results in the following message: Please retry: Error while creating / updating storage
: Rule description 'JDBC_DREL_ConverterJDBC.QA2 Oracle' is not valid.

that my connection string is correct. When attempting to google anything related to the message
'JDBC_DREL_Converter' unfortunately I am not able to find anything useful. At this point I'm
kind of grasping at straws as to what my issue is at this point. In addition I also have the
correct oracle thin driver installed, which was the recommend one from the RDBMS page within
the Apache Drill documentation and I've also added this line to my drill-override.conf, drill.exec.sys.store.provider.local.path
= "ojdbc7.jar". But I'm assuming if any of that wasn't setup correctly, I wouldn't be able
to get an error message back from Oracle saying that my password was incorrect. Any help in
regards to this would be greatly appreciated.

attachments are proprietary and confidential information protected from disclosure and intended
only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this message or any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify CardConnect immediately by replying to this message and then delete
this message and any attachments from your computer.