drill-user mailing list archives

From Rafael Jaimes III <rafjai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initial Oracle Setup
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2020 17:59:25 GMT
Hi Chris,

You put the JDBC driver in the 3rd party folder?

You're right you might be onto something if you get the password
failed message. Can you post the exact text (JSON) of the storage
plugin config?

-Rafael

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 1:56 PM Christopher Kane
<christopher.kane@cardconnect.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
>
> I'm looking to setup and create a new Oracle Storage Plugin for my local Apache Drill
instance. I have determined that a correct oracle connection string with an incorrect password
results in the following message: Please retry: Error while creating / updating storage :
java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-01017: invalid username/password;
logon denied ). Now updating the connection string to use the correct password results in
the following message: Please retry: Error while creating / updating storage : Rule description
'JDBC_DREL_ConverterJDBC.QA2 Oracle' is not valid.

> I have confirmed with our DBAs and through my own testing that my connection string is
correct. When attempting to google anything related to the message 'JDBC_DREL_Converter' unfortunately
I am not able to find anything useful. At this point I'm kind of grasping at straws as to
what my issue is at this point. In addition I also have the correct oracle thin driver installed,
which was the recommend one from the RDBMS page within the Apache Drill documentation and
I've also added this line to my drill-override.conf, drill.exec.sys.store.provider.local.path
= "ojdbc7.jar". But I'm assuming if any of that wasn't setup correctly, I wouldn't be able
to get an error message back from Oracle saying that my password was incorrect. Any help in
regards to this would be greatly appreciated.

Christopher.Kane2@firstdata.com<mailto:Christopher.Kane2@firstdata.com>, Christopher.Kane1@fiserv.com<mailto:Christopher.Kane1@fiserv.com>

> THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL. This e-mail message and any attachments are proprietary
and confidential information protected from disclosure and intended only for the use of the
recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or any
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify CardConnect immediately by replying to this message and then delete this message and
any attachments from your computer.