drill-user mailing list archives

From Gareth Western <gar...@garethwestern.com>
Subject Re: What is the most memory-efficient technique for selecting several million records from a CSV file
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2020 09:54:00 GMT
Thanks Paul and Nitin.

Yes, we are currently using the REST API, so I guess that caveat is the main issue. I am experimenting
with JDBC and ODBC, but haven't made a successfully connection with those from our Python
apps yet (issues not related to Drill but with the libraries I'm trying to use).

Our use case for Drill is using it to expose some source data files directly with the least
amount of "preparation" possible (e.g. converting to Parquet before working with the data).
Read performance isn't a priority yet just as long as we can actually get to the data.

I guess I'll port the app over to Java and try again with JDBC first.

Kind regards,
Gareth