drill-user mailing list archives

From Subhayu Bhattacharya <subhayu.bhattacharya2...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting problem on Schema Selection on Apache drill
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2020 07:07:26 GMT
Hello Team,

I am new to apache drill and doing some Pilot project and if that is
successful we can get more into drill.
But I am stuck while creating a new workspace/Schema.
I have followed this document link. I have dfs.tmp workspace defined under
my dfs plugins.
I have used the command *USE dfs.tmp , *and this command executed
successfully.
But still after selecting the Schema I am getting below error when I am
trying to run
*SHOW TABLES*
org.apache.drill.common.exceptions.UserRemoteException: VALIDATION ERROR:
No default schema selected. Select a schema using 'USE schema' command

So in one line, even after selecting Schema the schema actually not getting
set.
This is what my exact problem is.

One more Problem I am facing, that is also Schema selection related.
I have created one table DEMO_TEST under dfs.tmp. Table creation command
executed successfully.
After creating table I am able to run select query
select * from dfs.tmp.DEMO_TEST .......this is working fine.

But I am not able to see the DEMO_TEST table under
INFORMATION_SCHMAE.`TABLES`

As per my knowledge all tables existing in drill should be visible under
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.

*But I am not able to see the table DEMO_TEST which I have created under
this.* Can you  please tell me what may be the reason for this.
For any more information please let me know.

Thanks & regards,
Subhayu Bhattacharya
9674992393