drill-user mailing list archives

From Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting problem on Schema Selection on Apache drill
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2020 15:06:07 GMT
Hi Subhayu,
Are you using the REST interface or the Drill UI to query?  If so this is the cause of your
problem as it has no concept of a session. So the "USE" query executes but it is not attached
to any session.  My hunch is that if you tried this in the CLI it will work.

Your question about the INFORMATION SCHEMA relates to how Drill actually works.  Drill is
not a database, and when you create a view or a table, you're actually creating a file and
files don't appear in the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.  To view your work, you'll have to do a SHOW
FILES IN.. <> or do some digging in the INFO_SCHEMA.

I hope this helps.
-- C