drill-user mailing list archives

From Vitalii Diravka <vita...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Roles and Privileges, Security, Secrets
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2021 12:21:32 GMT
The goal to improve Identity, Authentication, Authorization in Drill.
The specific cases are to manage Drill users and their permissions better,
to give them ability to add/edit some Storage Plugin configs, to set System
options for itself only.
And possibly some separate UI page can be added for admin for that purpose.
Also improving some gaps should be done, for instance storing user/pass in
plain text in plugin configs.

I agree about complexity magnified around the kerberos. Possibly
implementing  the separate security mechanism can be considered.
I just know that Vault can work with kerberos, so looks like it should be
easier to integrate it to Drill. And any Drill
*Identity, Authentication, Authorization* functionality can be built with
this tool too.
I'll investigate SPIFFE with (or instead of) Vault:
https://spiffe.io/docs/latest/spire/understand/comparisons/

Kind regards
Vitalii