Hi luoc,

thanks for the information.

I think this kind of storage format is used more and more in cloud architectures because it departments wants to use as less tools as possible to provide a big data product. With iceberg they can build consistant and scalable big data structures for stream and batch processing at the same storage layer with a single tool, Spark.

The problem is how to provide the data to customers. In my opinion Spark itself is too slow for interactive querying by a lot of people or BI Tools. Thats the point where Tools like Presto, Drill or Dremio enters the stage.

I would like to see Drill as competitor in this area, especially because of the brilliant flexible and schemaless design.

If the Iceberg implementation is already done for metastore and you are already experienced with its internals, it sounds worth to invest the time and energy for a new format plugin.

Just the opinion of an consultant who wants to recommend drill for this usecases ;)

Regards

z0ltrix

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Am 3. Juli 2021, 16:55, luoc schrieb:

Hello,
Thanks for the interest. Drill’s Metastore allows to use a storage engine based on Iceberg tables. But now, It seems that Drill does not support the data of Iceberg for query. I will tell you that Drill can definitely support Iceberg, including readable and writeable. The condition is that we need to develop the format plugin using the "Easy framework based on EVF". Please let me know if you are interested in the that.