drill-user mailing list archives

From luoc <l...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Docker images published automatically
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2021 11:31:58 GMT
Hello James,
  Great work. Is it possible to add this NOTICE to Github wiki or docs of website?

> 在 2021年9月20日,19:27,James Turton <dzamo@apache.org> 写道:
>
> Hi all
>
> If you browse to https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/drill/tags, you'll see that we've just
started publishing the following new Docker images based on snapshots of Drill master.

> apache/drill:master-openjdk-8 (=master) snapshot of master running on the openjdk:8 base
image
> apache/drill:master-openjdk-11          snapshot of master running on the latest supported
LTS OpenJDK base image
> apache/drill:master-openjdk-14          snapshot of master running on the latest supported
OpenJDK base image

> The latest *released* version of Drill, which remains recommended for production deployments,
is still

> apache/drill:latest                     latest release running on the openjdk:8 base
image

> Starting from the *next* release (1.20) we will also publish
>
> apache/drill:latest-openjdk-8 (=latest) latest release running on the openjdk:8 base
image
> apache/drill:latest-openjdk-11          latest release running on the latest supported
LTS OpenJDK base image
> apache/drill:latest-openjdk-14          latest release running on the latest supported
OpenJDK base image

> each of which will also be tagged by Drill version, so following tags will be identical
to those in the preceding paragraph

> apache/drill:1.20.0-openjdk-8 (=latest) latest release running on the openjdk:8 base
image
> apache/drill:1.20.0-openjdk-11          latest release running on the latest supported
LTS OpenJDK base image
> apache/drill:1.20.0-openjdk-14          latest release running on the latest supported
OpenJDK base image

> Coming back to what's different *today*, the short of it is that you have containerised
snapshots of master for testing unreleased code or newer JDK images.