gora-dev mailing list archives

From Doğacan Güney <doga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gora and Nutch Problems
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2011 20:58:48 GMT
Hello,

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 12:23, Adam Estrada
<estrada.adam.groups@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oops...was't finished with my rant.
>
> Anyway, I am a developer and at this point Gora adds a layer of
> complexity that make it s really difficult to get any real work done.
>
> Is there any way Gora can be included in Nutch rather than as a stand
> alone project? This would simplify things tremendously for folks like
> me who crawl for data all the time.
>
> Thoughts?

Gora is a very new project and once it is a bit more mature, that's
exactly what is going to happen, i.e. we will ship nutch with gora and
with a simple embedded database so that you can start using nutch with
zero configuration.

Sorry about your problems but know that gora will make using nutch
easier over the long run not more difficult.

--
Doğacan Güney