gora-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gora site docs
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 00:14:58 GMT
Hi Lewis,

The site docs at Gora are in two places, release independent docs are at
[1], and per-release docs are at [2]. The reasoning is that, the per-release
docs contain the release-specific information (like Javadoc, tutorial, etc),
and this documentation is distributed at the tar ball, and everyone should
be able to build and use the docs locally. Release independent docs contain
the regular site information.

So, with that said, the release-independent docs are deployed at the root
directory (http://i.a.o/gora/), and every release doc should go under it's
release number (like http://i.a.o/gora/docs/r0.1-incubating/), and finally,
docs for trunk goes under http://i.a.o/gora/docs/current/. For deploying the
site at people.apache.org, we just check out rendered pages at [1], and
check out [2] under /docs/current/ and for each release, we create a
directory under /docs/, and check out the docs for that release, so that the
site contains /docs/current/, /docs/r0.1-incubating,
/docs/r0.1.1-incubating, etc.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/gora/site/
[2] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/gora/trunk/docs/

Coming to your question, the references that you asked about in forrest for
the release-independent docs are links to per-release docs under [2].

Hope this answers your question. Let me know otherwise.
Enis