gora-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is the total new build with unit test takes about 40 mins?
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:39:37 GMT
Pe 30.01.2012 17:27, Lewis John Mcgibbney a scris:
> Yeah this is something I was going to contact you about, but as you said
> maybe some time in the future.
>
> I've opened a ticket for the HBase timing issue.
>
> Great to hear from you... What brings you over to Goraland? Do you have
> some problems or use cases you can share with us? I'm guessing it's HBase
> specific if there is one.
>
> Thanks
>
> Lewis

I'm a long time Goraland troller. I've considered using it as a data
access layer for my GSoC project - HBase mailbox implementation for
Apache James. It didn't look good back then (Gora was incubating and
unstable API, I didn't know James, HBase) and I chose to stay with plain
HBase API because it was simple and avoided the trouble of another layer
of indirection. One that I couldn't have managed.

I've stayed on the list from then on and I read some messages from time
to time. Sometimes I even reply ;).

Congrats on becoming PMC for the project and good luck. I'll be keeping
an eye on you(re messages) :).

Cheers,
--
Ioan Eugen Stan