gora-dev mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is the total new build with unit test takes about 40 mins?
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:05:05 GMT
2012/1/30 Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com>:
> Hi Henry,
>
> Aye the trunk build currently takes around this time. Me an Ioannis had a
> look at it a while ago and I think we came to the conclusion that it was
> the HBase module that was taking ages. I think this has something to do
> with a new HBase clutser being created after every test, this takes time.
> It would be great to reduce this time though as it seems a somewhat lengthy
> amount of time doesn't it.
>
> Lewis

Hello Lewis,

I think you can shorten the time by avoiding MiniCluster restarts.
Just implement the cluster as a singleton and clean up the tables in
between test by doing a scan and deletes for all rows. It's much
faster than restarting the cluster.

For code referenece please see my implementation here[1]. The class is
HBaseClusterSingleton. It needs some refactoring but I think it's
enough to speed your tests.

If you have trouble while implementing I can take a look.

Cheers,

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/mailbox/trunk/hbase/src/test/java/org/apache/james/mailbox/hbase/
--
Ioan Eugen Stan