gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Issues with Gora
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:21:06 GMT
Hi,

It has been brought to my attention recently that there may be some
confusion (especially on my part) between the following things.

1) GORA-55: Invoking a discussion about adding an inclusive/exclusive
flag to the Gora Query object? So far the interest has surrounded
HBase as a data store, and Keith has kindly offered hints which enable
us to workaround potential problems on this topic, however do we wish
to accommodate something of a more permanent nature within the
gora-core module query class? If this is the case, then what would be
the knock on effect for other data stores? It is my intention to find
out exactly how Cassandra treats start & end keys as this is my
primary area of interest.

2) GORA-66: Some confusion on my part regarding Keith's recent patch
and what the subsequent consequences are for other data stores of
applying it to the codebase! When Andrzej opened GORA-9 he mentioned
that there might be some bugs lingering in
o.a.g.store.DataStoreTestUtil.testDeleteByQueryFields... I personally
think that this class needs to be documented more fully so have opened
a ticket accordingly please see GORA-75.

3) We've recently commented out some offending tests which were
obviously causing problems, in all honesty I have forgotten which ones
these were.. can someone please shine some light on this for me.

Please add anything to this and we can work our way through it in due course...

Thanks

--
Lewis