gora-dev mailing list archives

From Kazuomi Kashii <kazu...@kashii.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] gora-cassandra serialization spec
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:10:06 GMT
Lewis, thanks for your comments.

My GORA-142 patch uses Hector's serializers and several new serializers
on top of Hector's one.
It should be upper compatible with gora-cassandra 0.2 and work with
Nutch 2.0.
Currently, it supports:

single column:
* primitive type (fixed length) : boolean, int, long, float, double
* primitive type (variable length) : bytes, string
* complex type (fixed length) : fixed
* array of the above types
** fixed length element - (element0) (element1) (element2) ...
** variable length element - (int:length of element 0) (element0)
(int:length of element 1)  (element1) ...

super column family
* record which field type is supported with single column including array
** column name is field name (string)
* map which value type is supported with single column including array
** column name is key (string)
* array which element type is supported with single column including array
** column name is index of array (int)

Since I wrote the patch more than a month ago,
I will test it again before committing to trunk later this week.

Regards,
-Kaz