gora-dev mailing list archives

From Alfonso Nishikawa <alfonso.nishik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Working with arrays in HBase. Do they only grow?
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:47:01 GMT
Hi, Talat.

Thank you for your response.

I lost that detail. Never knew that in order to shrink an array we had to
nullify first.

I don't know how to do in the Pig connector when updating an array... :S

So, let me see if I understood. In order to delete an element (shrink) an
array you have to:

1 - Define the array as nullable ['null', ...]
2 - Set the array as null in the persistent's field and persist.
3 - Set the new array in the persistent's field and persist.

Although it works, I don't know what/why but I find something inherent
wrong.

Well, at least it is a solution and I can't think about a better way at
this moment. Thank you very much :)

Regards,

Alfonso