gora-dev mailing list archives

From Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Week 7 Report
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2019 07:18:05 GMT
Hey Sheriffo,

Very nice work! I am sorry for the silence in the past weeks, but I
have been swamped with things. I hope I can be of more help now.
Anyway, regarding your progress reports, I have some questions:
- Regarding using Google Cloud credits,  did you see this? [1] Maybe
that would also be something we could try. Although I am not sure how
compatible/incompatible the required versions are. Maybe that could be
an alternative of key-value store instead of others beside the ones
you have picked so far.
- Regarding the exception when creating very large objects to be
serialized, what about using arrays of records from Avro? or maybe
just arrays of primitive types? with that we could increase the size
of the value and have an extra knob to try in the benchmarks.
- Regarding, the last report where you have some plots, could you
explain what you are plotting? e.g., what is on the x-axis? aggregated
number of inserted keys? or numbers of keys inserted at a particular
point in time?
Overall, very nice work Sheriffo! Thanks for all the good work!

Best,

Renato M.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/bigtable/docs/hbase-bigtable

El dom., 14 jul. 2019 a las 16:33, Sheriffo Ceesay
(<sneceesay77@gmail.com>) escribió:

> Week seven report is available at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/%5BGORA-532%5D+Apache+Gora+Benchmark+Module+Weekly+Report
>
> Basically, I am currently running workloads on HBase. I will continue to do this for
next week and probably the week after. More details are specified in the report.