gora-dev mailing list archives

From gabriela ortiz <arqgabyor...@gmail.com>
Subject Outreachy - Add a datastore for Neo4j in Apache Gora
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2020 03:46:54 GMT
Hi all.

I am Gaby Ortiz and my initial application for the Outreach program was
accepted today. I was checking out the projects list and this project seems
to be a good fit for my knowledge background. I studied software
engineering a couple years ago and in my final project at the University I
worked with graph databases such as Jena TDB, Virtuoso and GraphDB for a
Linked Data project. I was checking out Neo4j and the basic concepts are
the same, then I would like to apply for this project. I have experience
working with the Java programming language and related tools such as maven,
gradle, testcontainers, etc. And I am familiar with NoSQL databases
(especially graph-based).

I was wondering which should be my next steps?. I saw a list of warm-up
tasks in the Outreachy platform, how can I be assigned one of those tasks
in order to get started with Apache Gora?. Do you have suggestions or
guidelines that I should consider before applying for this project?

I saw many communication channels in the project description: jira, github,
wiki, mailing list, and personal emails of the mentors. I was wondering how
should I contact you?. The Outreachy documentation says ".. contact the
mentor on public community channels as much as possible." so I am writing
to the public developers mailing list, is it ok with you?.

Thanks,
Gaby