gora-dev mailing list archives

From John Mora <jhnmora...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add datastore for Elasticsearch. Outreachy Week 8 Report
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2021 16:41:40 GMT
Hi María.

Thanks for your report.

Some comments.

When a Key is not found in the Datastore the get method should return
 null, but currently a NullPointerException is thrown here:

https://github.com/podorvanova/gora/blob/gora-664/gora-elasticsearch/src/main/java/org/apache/gora/elasticsearch/store/ElasticsearchStore.java#L256

According to the avro documentation: "This data type is used to declare a
fixed-sized field that can be used for storing binary data.", it is similar
to the BYTES data type, but it has a size attribute.

If Elasticsearch has a fixed-sized binary datatype you can use it. But, I
think that is not the case, so If other modules do not implement it, it is
fine to leave it that way.

Best,
John