gora-dev mailing list archives

From gabriela ortiz <arqgabyor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Outreachy 2020-2021 - Neo4j - Weekly reports.
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2021 23:32:13 GMT
Hi all.

I wanted to inform the tasks I worked on this week: Jan 16 - Jan 22 .

- Add EXISTS constraints for properties.
- Develop put method.
- Enable test of the put & get methods.
- Switch to fixed version docker image 'neo4j:4.2.2-enterprise' instead of
'enterprise' tag.

My code is here: https://github.com/mgov88/gora/tree/GORA-663

I have a question, in Neo4j the null value represent the absence of the
property/relation:

"In Neo4j, since there is no table schema or equivalent to restrict
possible properties, non-existence and null are equivalent for node and
relationship properties. That is, there really is no such thing as a
property with a null value; null indicates that the property doesn’t exist
at all."

https://neo4j.com/developer/kb/understanding-non-existent-properties-and-null-values/

I added an attribute in the mapping file to specify if the EXISTS
constraint should be applied, because in the tests sometimes the field
values are null and there are conflicts with this constraint.

https://github.com/mgov88/gora/blob/GORA-663/gora-neo4j/src/test/resources/gora-neo4j-mapping.xml#L22

Is it correct this way?

Regardss
Gaby

El lun, 18 de ene. de 2021 a la(s) 22:58, gabriela ortiz (
arqgabyortiz@gmail.com) escribió:

> Hi
>
> Thanks for your comments. I am working on them.
>
> Best regards,
> Gaby
>
> El lun, 18 de ene. de 2021 a la(s) 17:11, John Mora (jhnmora000@gmail.com)
> escribió:
>
>> Hi Gaby.
>>
>> Thanks for your update.
>>
>> Some comments.
>>

>> https://github.com/mgov88/gora/blob/GORA-663/gora-neo4j/src/main/java/org/apache/gora/neo4j/store/Neo4jStore.java#L156
>>
>> Please create EXISTS constraints for the other properties of the Node as
>> well.
>>

>> https://neo4j.com/docs/cypher-manual/current/administration/constraints/#administration-constraints-prop-exist-nodes
>>
>> You can use the mapping parsed from the XML.
>>

>> https://github.com/mgov88/gora/blob/GORA-663/gora-neo4j/src/main/java/org/apache/gora/neo4j/mapping/Neo4jMapping.java#L38
>>
>> Please use a specific docker image tag of Neo4j instead of the 'latest'
>> or 'enterprise'
>>

>> https://github.com/mgov88/gora/blob/GORA-663/gora-neo4j/src/test/java/org/apache/gora/neo4j/GoraNeo4jTestDriver.java#L60
>>
>> This might break the code when a new version of Neo4j is released.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John
>>
>> El dom, 17 ene 2021 a las 14:39, gabriela ortiz (<arqgabyortiz@gmail.com>)
>> escribió:
>>
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> I wanted to inform the tasks I worked on this week: Jan 09 - Jan 15 .
>>>
>>> - Enhance the javadocs documentation.
>>> - Replace literal values with constants.
>>> - Develop the put() method of the datastore.
>>> - Test the put / exists methods.
>>> - Write a blog for this week.
>>>
>>> My code is here: https://github.com/mgov88/gora/tree/GORA-663
>>>
>>> Regardss
>>> Gaby

Edition".

I seek
UNIQUE

The

week: Dec 19 - Dec

GenericContainer
mapping

kind of code should go in

John Mora (

work!

please give them

index should be

hard coded [1]

because the
but I will change that.

there are proper
class. If you are using this for
it to github.

my code, you are

ortiz (<

on this week: Dec 12 -

learning CQL of Neo4j :
document (link below ) with
of the datastore project.
of XML mappings for the
of connection properties

15:25, gabriela ortiz (

I shall work on the
the datastore project.

la(s) 17:43, John Mora (

your hard work.

versions of Neo4j. They all
(Cypher Graph Query Language) and connect using
is fine that your work only with community

a basic input/output example
you should move it to another project.
packages and resources needed for the structure of

ideas in a Google Docs document
list.
that you are working on.* How
Which connection parameters the
you will set up a testing instance in the unit
mapping between your datastore and Java data
you have a document that I made
couple of years ago.

23:06, gabriela ortiz (<
escribió:

> [...]
tasks I worked on this week: Dec 06

for my project :
for datastore gora-neo4j
for neo4j JDBC and
DSL documentation.
inserting and querying nodes
chat session of this week.
asked by Outreachy.
feedback of Outreachy.

has many editions (
) and the docker that I
community.
the editions, there are demos or open
instead of buying a subscription ?

2020 a la(s) 15:21, John Mora (
escribió:

> [...]
and  the update of your progress.

containers is totally fine, but take
you need to expose all the necessary ports in the
communication with Apache Gora. Also you can start
[1] for the unit test of the new datastore.

good to me, I noticed that you plan to
If you have some experience working with JDBC you can
JDBC Driver [2]. But it is up to you, it should not have
functionality of the datastore.

a las 8:20, Madhawa Kasun Gunasekara (<
escribió:

> [...]
update. Yes, we haven't tested Gora in
don't think you should spend time on installing neo4j locally.
is enough.
project proposal to the confluence page
I wish you good luck with this project. Let me know if you

2020 at 6:29 AM gabriela ortiz <
wrote:

to inform the tasks I worked on this week: Dec
05

a personal Blog for Outreachy reports:
the first post of my blog titled 'About me':

the Outreachy Zulip server for the chats.
Neo4j on my computer using docker * .
a class diagram of my project (attached).
the Neo4j documentation about the Java
Neo4j (Neo4j Driver) syntax and concepts of graph databases.

to install native Neo4j, but I figured that
java 11 and apache gora requires java 8, hence I preferred
using docker to avoid any issues with the java version. Is a
enough or I must install natively?