hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ajoy Bhatia <ajoy.bha...@gmail.com>
Subject Help needed on submitting patch for HADOOP-12246
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 18:10:28 GMT
Hi all,

I did not get a reply to my comment on HADOOP-12246
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-12246> so I'm writing to the
list.

I had created HADOOP-12246
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-12246> and submitted a patch
for it. This is just a minor issue with the Apache Projects Directory by
Category page at https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category that
Apache Hadoop is listed only under the *database* category. As my first
humble contribution, I took it upon myself to have Hadoop listed under the
*big-data* and *hadoop* categories, too.

However, the patch that I submitted was rejected by the automated Hadoop QA
process because it tried to apply it to trunk, i.e. h
ttp://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk/ but this patch is meant
to be applied to site, i.e.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/site/

How should this patch be submitted so that it gets applied to site and not
trunk?

Thanks...
- Ajoy