hadoop-mapreduce-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Heads up: moving from to 2.0.5-alpha
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 19:45:44 GMT

I will be performing some changes wrt to moving release candidate to
2.0.5 space. As outline below by Alejandro:

1. I will create new 2.0.5-alpha branch from the current head of 2.0.4-alpha
that contains changes
2. consequently, set the artifacts version on the new branch to be 2.0.5-alpha
3. the CHANGES.txt will be updated accordingly on the new 2.0.5 branch
4. At this point I can cut an RC and put it out for re-vote. The staging can
be done after the next two steps.

I will be doing all these modifications in the next hour or so.

Tomorrow at 1 pm PDT I would like to:
1. update the version of the artifacts on branch-2 to become 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT
2. update the CHANGES.txt in the trunk and branch-2 to reflect new version names
3. at this point it should safe to do the staging for 2.0.5-alpha RC

To avoid any collisions during the last two steps - especially 2. - I would
ask everyone to hold off the modifications of the CHANGES.txt files on trunk
and branch-2 between 1 pm and 2 pm PDT.

Please let me know if you see any flaw above, questions.

> As we change from to 2.0.5 you'll need to do the following
> housekeeping as you work the new RC.
> * rename the svn branch
> * update the versions in the POMs
> * update the CHANGES.txt in trunk, branch-2 and the release branch
> * change the current 2.0.5 version in JIRA to 2.1.0, create a new 2.0.5
> version, change the fix version of the 2 JIRAs that make the RC

> I renamed 2.0.5-beta to 2.1.0-beta and to 2.0.5-alpha versions

> Please take care of the rest.

> Also, in branch-2, the version should be 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.

View raw message