From Elma Barjami <elmabarj...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: which mapreduce project to work on?
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 13:59:26 GMT
Hi Harsh,

i thank you for your fast reply. Yes i want to implement something similiar to the paper you
sent
me.

But i have still some problems with the structure of the projects in svn.

You wrote that i should work on MR2. That means YARN doesn't it? After going to http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk/

i see there a lot of projects. According to what you wrote me i think i should work on http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/?
Is that true? But even there (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/)
exists many sub-projects. Could you please explain me which project is
the right one to work on and how can i import the projects in eclipse as
 normal eclipse projects?

Thank you

> From: harsh@cloudera.com
> Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 16:24:12 +0530
> Subject: Re: which mapreduce project to work on?
> To: mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
>
> Are you looking to do something similar to
> http://www.neilconway.org/docs/nsdi2010_hop.pdf?
>
> Ideally you should be working on MR2 which replaces MR1, and MR2 is
> available in the current 2.0.x releases as well as in trunk. If not a
> specific revision of trunk, you can pick the 2.x release (or branch-2)
> if you seek some stability while developing your work - merging to
> trunk is easier from there.
>
> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Elma Barjami <elmabarjami@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi together,
> >
> > I'm new in Hadoop and I need some help.
> > What I'm trying to do is to modify the MapReduce framework , that some reduce work
begin before all maps ends their job.