From Jitendra Pandey <jiten...@hortonworks.com>
Subject [VOTE] Merging branch HDFS-7240 to trunk
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 21:18:56 GMT
    Dear folks,
           We would like to start a vote to merge HDFS-7240 branch into trunk. The context
can be reviewed in the DISCUSSION thread, and in the jiras (See references below).

    HDFS-7240 introduces Hadoop Distributed Storage Layer (HDSL), which is a distributed,
replicated block layer.
    The old HDFS namespace and NN can be connected to this new block layer as we have described
in HDFS-10419.
    We also introduce a key-value namespace called Ozone built on HDSL.

    The code is in a separate module and is turned off by default. In a secure setup, HDSL
and Ozone daemons cannot be started.

    The detailed documentation is available at
             https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+Distributed+Storage+Layer+and+Applications

    I will start with my vote.
            +1 (binding)

    Discussion Thread: