From "Elek, Marton" <e...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] create ozone-dev and ozone-issues mailing lists
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2019 07:30:40 GMT
 > The immediate problem we need to fix is to prevent github updates from
 > spamming the dev mailing list.
 > github to that?

For me, it's less confusing to create both of the issues and the dev
list at the same time. Just to follow the existing pattern.

I would prefer to solve multiple problems at the same time:

  * remove the notification noise from the hdfs-dev
  * create a place where certain features / design decision can be discussed

I assume that we will follow the current practice:

  * All generic votes / releases will be sent to all the *-dev@hadoop
mailing lists

  * Generic hadoop-storage specific information / summaries can be sent
to both hdfs-dev/ozone-dev

  * Low-level design discussions can be part of ozone-dev only

But if you see any problem with ozone-dev please downvote that part and
I will create only the -issues list...

Thanks,
Marton