hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Cui Liqiang <cui.liqi...@gmail.com>
Subject How to really add priority for job and queue?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 00:26:23 GMT
Hi,

I am using Yarn and facing some custom requirements which seem not supported yet:
Currently the getPriority() implementation in FSQueue and AppScheduler are all hard coded
to be 1. We’d like them to reflect the real priority, say, from configuration file(or allocation
file?).
We’d like to restrict container(or node?) assignments of some queues, e.g. we want queueA
only assigned to node with ip 10.10.10.10

From my understanding, if I want to implement these requirements, I have to modify some codes
in Yarn and probably do some extension as well. Thus I may have troubles in resolving conflicts
when upgrading Yarn version. So I am wondering:
Is there any way to achieve those two requirements without change the code?
If not, does Yarn have any plans to implement these?
If not, does these requirements sound general enough so that I can finished it by ourselves
and try to merge it back to the trunk?

I am pretty new to Yarn, so If what I am asking sounds silly, please let me know and give
the direction.

Thanks.

--
Cui Liqiang