hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Yet another Hbase failure
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:47:52 GMT

Michael,

But can you claim this is "yet another" HBase failure? Or are
these DFS problems related to running with too small a cluster?
It's been some time so my recollection is hazy, but didn't you
mention you have a cluster of 4 nodes only?

I found that most of my DFS issues were caused by attempting
to host too much load on too few physical resources, and that
adding nodes to distribute the load solved my problems.

Running with dfs.datanode.max.xcievers=2048 helped for a while,
but that was an indication that per DataNode load was too high.

Best regards,

   - Andy