hbase-user mailing list archives

From yglin <yglin.mlan...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase/Stargate dataflow in I/O perspective
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 07:18:46 GMT
Hi~

I would like to know how data flows when you query it from HBase or
Stargate, especially in I/O perspective.
Please point me some directions to study.
That means questions like below:
When is HFile(StoreFile) being loaded as a region into region server's
memory?
Does a region stay in region server's memory afterward? When is it being
freed?
When Stargate uses a scan instance to obtain data, does it communicate with
region server with another connection overhead?

Actually I'm asking these because I'm experimenting Toad for Cloud Database
on HBase.
And I got a performance issue of querying 400K data rows in about 5 minutes,
kind of a awkward number.
I installed HBase/HDFS on 7 VMs,
1 ResourceManager, 1 as NameNode and HMaster, 5 as DataNodes and
RegionServers
Barely change any configuration for performance tuning.
I drew myself a very simple chart trying to find where are the bottlenecks.
<http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/file/n4057719/Toad_Read_HBase_Process.png>

I know I could miss many details in this simple chart
Please give me some clues
Much appreciate

yglin