hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mike Peterson <mikepeter...@mail.ru>
Subject Re[2]: Moving older data versions to archive
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 17:37:24 GMT
 Thank you for your response. After thinking a little bit about this, I think for me the ideal
solution would be saving the old data to a separate file during compaction. It should work
much faster than coprocessors.

Thu, 3 Apr 2014 14:55:32 -0400 от Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org>:
>Hey, that's one of the reasons I have opened HBASE-10115 but never got a chance to work
on it. Basically, setup a TTL on the column, and with the hook, move the cells somewhere else.

>With current state, the only thing I see is a MR job which will run daily and move the
older versions. Like, anything where version > 3 (as an example) and then delete it (or
expire it with TTL, etc.). If unfortunatly don't think there is a "nice" solution to do that
today.

>JM

>> I need data versioning but want to keep older data in a separate location (to keep
the current data file denser). What would be the best way to do that?