hbase-user mailing list archives

From Demai Ni <nid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the best practice for backup HBase data?
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:21:11 GMT
we are working on a backup/restore solution in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7912, which will use snapshot
and exportsnapshot for full backup and also use WALPlayer for incremental
backup. the patches are coming.

For critical data, real time replication is the way to go :
https://hbase.apache.org/replication.html. The drop-back of replication is
that when the master cluster get hot with a lot of put/update/delete, the
replication will also consume the resource. And backup/restore can be
scheduled at a 'quiet' time.  Well, there is always trade-off.

demai