hbase-user mailing list archives

From Esteban Gutierrez <este...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Usage of HBase Slow Query Log
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 18:34:34 GMT
Hello,

the slow query log only prints in the RS and the HBase Master logs details
about a request that took above hbase.ipc.warn.response.time (default 10000
milliseconds). Which is helpful to troubleshoot performance issues in
HBase, usually this log messages are triggered due some contention in the
RS (an ongoing major compaction, low locality, slow network, concurrent
scans, etc.)  or even a complex filter from a scanner.

Probably the best way to find out how you can use this log is by
experimenting with different types of operations and using a lower timeout
so this log gets triggered more frequently, however the exposed JMX metrics
are usually enough for monitoring purposes.

cheers,
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.