hbase-user mailing list archives

From sahil aggarwal <sahil.ag...@gmail.com>
Subject Improving on MTTR of cluster [Hbase - 1.1.13]
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2018 15:52:01 GMT
Hi,

My cluster has around 50k regions and 130 RS. In case of unclean shutdown,
the cluster take around 40 50 mins to come up(mostly slow on region
assignment from observation). Trying to optimize it found following
possible configs:

*hbase.assignment.usezk:* which will co-host meta table and Hmaster and
avoid zk interaction for region assignment.
*hbase.master.distributed.log.replay:* to replay the edit logs in
distributed manner.

Testing *hbase.assignment.usezk* alone on small cluster(2200 regions, 4 RS)
gave following results:

hbase.assignment.usezk=true -> 12 mins
hbase.assignment.usezk=false -> 9 mins

>From this blog
<https://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/hbase_zk_less_region_assignment>, i
was expecting better results so probably I am missing something. Will
appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
Sahil