httpd-users mailing list archives

From Neil Freeman <neil.free...@asa.co.uk>
Subject How do I get htaccess files to take effect?
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 16:06:45 GMT
Hi,

This is my first time attempting to use htaccess files. I am running
Apache 1.3.20 with PHP v4.0.6 installed as a module. Within Apache's
httpd.conf file I have the following value set:

AccessFileName apache.htaccess

And within an 'Alias' directory I have a file entitled 'apache.htaccess'

which contains the following:

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
    php_value include_path = ".;C:/My/PHP/Dir"
</IfModule>

What I am attempting to do is alter PHP's include path 'on the fly'
rather than specifying an overall value within php.ini. The problem I
have though is that the 'include_path' value does not appear to be
picked up. Am I using htaccess files correctly or do I need to alter
some other values within Apache's httpd.conf file?? Would I need to
setup <Directory></Directory> maybe?

If anyone could give me any pointers on this it would be much
appreciated.

Neil
 Email:  neil.freeman@asa.co.uk
         neil_freeman@yahoo.com